The Bulgarian office of the Global entrepreneurship Monitor announced its first annual awards. To winners were people, teams, and organisations, which had a positive impact on the entrepreneurship ecosystem. They received 35 nominations in six categories.
“It is important to hear about people and initiativs which are good examples – to receive moral support and ackowledgement for its creativity, dedication and effors and to show that there aren’t impossible things and everyone can contribute to the environment around us on its own”, shared Mira Krusteff, Vice-Cahirwoman of GEM Bulgaria.
- Comeback of the year: Todor Kolev from Obecto
- Media initiative: Nova TV & Reach for change
- NGO initiative – Junior Achievement with Student company
- Partnership – Foundation Ruse and Econt Express for Knowledge and growth initiative
- Social Entrepreneurship Bulgarian Business Forum, Varna
- Public sector initiative – Open data project of the office of deputy prime minister Bachvarova
Special Lifetime achievement award – Telerik (now Progress)
The GEM Bulgaria report for 2015-16 can be downloaded here.