For a second year in a row, the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor Bulgaria presented its Annual entrepreneurship awards to people, teams or organisations which positively impacts the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the country.
“GEM Bulgaria was provoked to establish its Annual entrepreneurship awards by an identified need, arising in our annual report – the lack of enough good examples”, shared Mira Krusteff, vice-chairman of GEM Bulgaria. “The change would not happen in a couple of days, the media play an important role, however, each person is a media – each one of us is responsible to be a good role model, to share good examples, so they can become contagious”.
2017 Awards winners:
- Comeback of the year: George Parvanov of CTeam
- Media product: Start -up Show of Start-up Foundation
- NGO initiative: Teach for Bulgaria
- Partnership – public/private/ NGO: Grajdanite
- Social entrepreneurship: Social Tea House, Varna
- Public sector initiative: the legal amendments, concerning entrepreneurship education in primary school, Milena Damyanova, Education and Science parliamentary committee
- Overall contribution to the entrepreneurship ecosystem: JEREMIE Initiative, EIF
Video from the awards ceremony can be found on GEM Bulgaria Facebook page.
The latest GEM Bulgaria annual report on entrepreneurship 2016/17 can be downloaded here.